Sunday, May 16, 2010

15 Years at Cafe *****

Yellow school ship
passes the window
distant conversations
over modern pop
music... a Taste--
Earth... from Indonesia
burnt to just past its peak

firm seat on a tan stage
a Headache--
three chairs pushed
away from a small round table
yarn--
a pretty girl doing homework
wearing a lip ring!

shades of brown swirls
on my cup
More headache--
old people on new comp-
"...my dad was high..."
the air smells clean
--I don't feel clean
the table doesn't either
"I [something something] probation!"
that's a lot of stuff
for one person to carry
new art up
green and yellow walls
back "the Star motel"
it doesn't look like a nice place--
Clean rooms, HBO, Low prices
--off axis views
15 Years at *****
doesn't seem like I've been here that long
--Still have a headache

No comments:

Post a Comment